CareersInfoSecurity Announces 2014 InfluencersCareersInfoSecurity Announces 2014 Influencers
CareersInfoSecurity announces the publication of its inaugural 2014 list of Influencers in information security careers.
Published by Information Security Media Group (ISMG), CareersInfoSecurity recognizes 10 individuals who shape how organizations and leaders approach information security careers. Influencers were chosen by CareersInfoSecurity's team of editors, based on feedback from its board of advisers and other information security thought-leaders.
The Influencers in Information Security Careers for 2014 include:
- Diana Burley, Associate Professor, George Washington University
- Steve Durbin, Global Vice President, Information Security Forum
- Karen Evans of the U.S. Cyber Challenge and Franklin Reeder of the Center for Internet Security
- Trevor Hughes, President/CEO, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Rob Lee, Curriculum Lead, Digital Forensics and Incident Response, SANS Institute
- Eddie Schwartz, Vice President of Global Security, Verizon
- Eugene Spafford, Professor of Computer Science, Purdue University
- Robert Stroud, ISACA Strategic Advisory Council
- Hord Tipton, Executive Director, (ISC)²
"We face a critical time in our profession, with demand for qualified personnel far surpassing the current supply," says Tom Field, VP of Editorial. "Each of the Influencers has demonstrated leadership in educating, recruiting and retaining the next generation of cybersecurity professionals."
To view the Influencers infographic, please visit: https://www.careersinfosecurity.com/top-10-infosec-careers-influencers-a-6373.
Information Security Media Group publishes HealthcareInfoSecurity, BankInfoSecurity, CUInfoSecurity, GovInfoSecurity, InfoRiskToday, DataBreachToday and CareersInfoSecurity. These digital media sites offer news, views, research and education on the top industry, security, regulatory and technology challenges facing information security leaders worldwide. Each site is guided by an advisory board of renowned thought-leaders from business, government and education.
ISMG's suite of educational webinars offers hands-on training by knowledgeable practitioners and is available to individual and corporate subscribers.
ISMG's custom research, including the Healthcare Information Security Today, Faces of Fraud and Cloud Computing Security surveys, is routinely featured at leading industry events, such as the RSA Conference and BAI Payments Connect.