About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description - Information Security Analyst III/Sr. Information Security Analyst
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Information Security Analyst III/Sr. Information Security Analyst. This position will be hired at either the level of Information Security Analyst III or Sr. Information Security Analyst depending on the education and experience. This position is principally responsible and accountable for directing the Fairfax Water information security and assurance program. The position ensures compliance with information security regulations, privacy, and security requirements. The position ensures integrity, availability, and confidentiality of data; and provides technical leadership and administrative oversight, direction and recommendations for enterprise-wide information security technology. Acts as subject matter expert for cybersecurity matters ranging from business and technical dimensions. Position executes and advances the information security program.
Essential functions include:
- Secures IT services environments. Validates and oversees endpoint protection and configuration management including antivirus, antimalware, operating system and application configuration management, policies, and controls.
- Develops and maintains IT security policies, controls, and protection environments including cloud, network, and application services, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, web/content filtering, and email/spam filtering.
- Provides technical expertise and guides the administration of security tools that control and monitor information security.
- Delivers and advances organization-wide information security awareness and education program.
- Advances information security and assurance practices. Conducts analyses, develops controls, and assures adequate responses and develops lessons-learned.
Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in information security systems; or, possession of an associate degree in information security or a related field and six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in information security systems; or, possession of a bachelor’s degree in information security or a related field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in information security systems. Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing and maintaining endpoint protection, spam and web/content filtering, intrusion prevention, virtual private networks, identity management and federation, single-sign-on, and/or privileged access management.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is 78,552.24 to 141,555.65 per annum. Applications must be received by January 28, 2019.