The successful candidate will work as part of the Compliance team supporting the U.S. Corporate & Investment Bank business, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations concerning privacy and data protection. Reporting to the Regional Privacy Officer, the role involves working with business partners to ensure appropriate collection, use and handling of institutional and personal data and address changes in privacy laws and regulations. The role also involves responding to incidents involving the unauthorized disclosure of client information. The role will works in partnership with line of business staff as well as product Compliance teams, Legal teams and other control functions.
- Provide advice and guidance to LOB relating to appropriate collection, use, and protection of client and consumer data as required by US privacy laws
- Assess impact of data incidents and coordinate response, including external notifications.
- Represent compliance on LOB projects related to privacy and data protection.
- Conduct training and communication activities to ensure that employees are familiar with applicable policies
- Drive future enhancements to the privacy program
- Participate in projects as needed to support the compliance agenda
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a Compliance, Legal, or Risk related environment
- Working knowledge of US privacy laws, including HIPAA
- Privacy incident management expertise preferred
- Financial services experience preferred
- Working knowledge of technology related controls and security measures.
- Experience in working across multiple jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated investigative problem solving skills and ability to make sound decisions about compliance risks and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- A self starter, organized and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication.